2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Creating text anchors for all section heading in a document

Add a hyperlink style of TEXT ANCHOR to the TOC Style interface.

The TOC feature allows the creation of TOC entries that recognize the text that was formatted to a specific paragraph style. If only the TOC Style interface allowed users to choose what type of hyperlink they want associated with those entries. Everything I've tried so far always defaults to the page number, which means clicking the TOC hyperlink still requires the reader to find the appropriate item on the page. Using Text Anchors for the TOC instead would land the reader directly where they need to be.

I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow recovery of work after clicking Do Not Save (by accident)

I have just lost hours (even days) of work. Please find some way to recover a document after clicking Do Not Save accidentally. This is soul-destroying, sleep-losing behaviour of an application. Microsoft have managed version history with Word and other office applications. It's high time Adobe did the same with InDesign. Right now, anyone who has been in the same boat will recognise the sick feeling.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Updating master page synchronize in a book

Would love to see an option to synchronize master pages to the source file in a book that offers "deleting" master pages we do not want in the selection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. control blank document options when making new doc

When i go to create a new document, I look at presets but it continually shows me 'legal' etc (american sizes) which I've never used instead of A3, which I use often. I don't understand. WHy can't it either remember or let us organise them?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow designers to "group pages" for to provide easier re-organization

Similar to grouping layers in photoshop and illustrator or styles in INDD, you should provide the folder option inside the pages panel to "group pages" to make sections easier to reorder.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Generate photoshop file the same size as page with bleed.

Like you all know, as a designer, we have to fill the background of our Indd file with some sort of background. That implies, opening photoshop, remembering the sizes of that file, manually imputing it, then calculating the bleed after that.
    Wouldn't be great if you could just generate a photoshop file the size you need in a single action?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 new features for web address problems - a major problem in modern textual books

In textual books there now can be hundreds of web addresses used within the text and references. There is a major problem with them in the fact that in justified text they can cause:
    (a) widely spaced lines
    (b) InDesign can insert discretionary hyphens to try to split the address to make the word spacing better (which means that when printed the web address would be wrong for the reader as it has hyphens that shouldn't be there).

The only workaround at the moment for this is to remove the discretionary hyphens by either hitting a return in its place,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to select which pages are imported when uploading PDFs

I have multiple diagrams across multiple pages in a PDF. When I drag the PDF into InDesign, it will automatically choose the first page of the PDF without allowing me to select which page(s) to choose. I then have to open up Photoshop and resave the extra PDF pages as separate files and then re-upload back to InDesign :P

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Selection of Even or Odd pages in a document from Pages Panel

Be able to select the even or odd pages in the pages window in order to quickly apply the template

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Grid Page View

An option to view the pages within a single document in a grid layout, rather than just one continuous column of pages one below the other. It would be a valuable tool for designers that wish to view a lot of their pages at once, rather than having to continuously scroll up & down the many pages of an InDesign document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Data merge: Classification Master pages

Es solle möglich sein, über die Datentabelle für jeden Datensatz eine Musterseite zuordnen zu können. Ähnlich wie QR-Code und Images bekommt die Spalte ein Sonderzeichen, in der die Bezeichnung der Musterseite steht.
    Nach der Datenzusammenführung hat dann jeder Datensatz die entsprechende Musterseite.
    Translation google: It should be possible to assign a sample page for each data record via the data table. Similar to QR code and images, the column is given a special character in which the name of the sample page is written.
    After the data merging, each data record then has the corresponding master page.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. High Res Tif's not rendering

High Res Tif's are not rendering when imported into an InDesign document. V15 and v16 rendering engines need to be updated.
    When a High Res Tif is inserted and expanded (zoomed in) it does not render in High performance mode but looks like Fast screen mode.

I have verified this with Adobe InDesign Technical Support that this is not a user setting, but an engineering bug. It is not a resolution issue as the file looks fine when exported to a PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. copy paste layers to other pages without combining to one layer

to be able to copy several objects from different layers from one page and paste to another page and maintain their respective layers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to replace a master page that is being deleted with a different master page

When working on long documents, especially while using the book feature, it would be helpful to have the option to replace one master with another. So if I want to delete "Master A", a dialog box would say "Remove Master A and replace with: [list of other master pages to choose from]".

Currently if I want to remove a master page and replace it, I have to go through all 900 of my pages and apply the replacement master.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cross reference endnotes

At present if you are in a particular endnote and wish to cross reference to another endnote, it is impossible to to obtain the new endnote number. While the list of endnotes shows the endnote number, it is not an option to choose just the number. So yo only get the full text of the endnote. This is different from cross referencing, say, a list of Figures where you can cross reference just the Figure and the figure number. Fo some reason the endnote number simply does not exist as a Paragraph Number

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More control over file name when exporting multiple files (such as PNGs for an animation)

When exporting images from pages on an inDesign document it names them like this

document
    document2
    document3
    document9
    document10

When you import these same images into Photoshop to make a stack or to start an animation the layers don't appear in the right order because photoshop obviously doesn't understand that the file without a number is the first one, and that document 10 shouldn't follow document1, so they have to be reordered manually. Could you not add a tool so we can ask or files to be called file001, file 002, ... it would save a lot of time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic tables by adding 'Column Space'

This would be a major improvement of tables in InDesign that would be the envy of any other program and I think it is possible for InDesign to do it.
    This feature would automatically make a table go to its text box width with even spacing between each column of text.:
    This is how it would be done with a new feature called something like 'Column Space':

(1) You would make sure the table is within a text box to the width you want the table to go to.
    (2) You would then adjust the columns of text within the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to replace links with same name but different format

When relinking a file, ID is able to check and relink all other links in a folder. However, I regularly have to use the relink feature to replace .tif dummies with finalized .psd files. The problem is that relink includes the extension of files in the name, so a tickable option to tell ID to change extension according to the first file you click so it then relinks all files with same name but the desired extension instead would save a lot of time.

(Unrelated, but having a corner to drag the typing field when posting ideas would be nice.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make Save as line scalable

When you scale Save as dialog, the file name line did not grow. It's only a few letters wide. When you replace file or make another with slitgly changed name you must scroll to end of file name even the name fits to window if the line is wider.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?