1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Scroll document whilst Pop up window is visable (e.g Place)

When any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open it is useful to be able to scroll the document in background.

For example: In InDesign CS6 and you can scroll the document behind the Place pop-up window. In Adobe CC this function no longer works – which slows the design and layout process down.

This feature was especially useful when producing books with many images in.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Data merge to a formatted table for multiple catalog listing on one page in a single table.

I'm revising on a 180 page catalog that was originally created page by page, row by row with InDesign. The process was incredibly tedious and the person doing it eventually quit due to all the stress that it caused her. I would like to revise this catalog using data merge from .csv files but as you can see from the attached file some actual layout capabilities are needed and not all tables are consistent. There are also some cells in tables that need to be merged because they contain duplicate information. So far InDesign as only been able to create…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Managing multiple tabs in InDesign is an abomination

Managing multiple tabs in InDesign is an abomination. Firstly, the tolerance between reshuffling tabs and pulling a tab out to a separate window is far too small. Try doing this on a 4K screen, move your mouse a couple of millimetres up or down and all of a sudden your tab is now it's own window. Worse still is that when you pull it back into the tabs, it goes right to the back.

This leads me to my second issue. The lack of any way to reshuffle tabs that have multiple tabs in between. There are two ways to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Revert back to exact screen placement after Screen Preview (shift+w)

When pressing escape after screen preview, the view resettles on the middle of the page (but keeps the zoom level) rather than resettling where you were working. This makes flipping between normal and screen preview mode a bit less seamless, as you have to keep scrolling back to the part you were working on after previewing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Master Page View - Toggle On/Off

When on any document page (not a master page), add the ability to toggle the view of master page items on and off. Would be very helpful to view master page elements vs non-master page elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Data merge: Classification Master pages

Es solle möglich sein, über die Datentabelle für jeden Datensatz eine Musterseite zuordnen zu können. Ähnlich wie QR-Code und Images bekommt die Spalte ein Sonderzeichen, in der die Bezeichnung der Musterseite steht.
    Nach der Datenzusammenführung hat dann jeder Datensatz die entsprechende Musterseite.
    Translation google: It should be possible to assign a sample page for each data record via the data table. Similar to QR code and images, the column is given a special character in which the name of the sample page is written.
    After the data merging, each data record then has the corresponding master page.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to cross reference images as well as paragraph text

Be able to cross-reference images as well as text so that when you click the lead and the end the cross-reference shows up better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Hidden" bleed for facing pages

It would be nice to have the ability to set a "hidden" bleed in the bund, when working on a brochure or book with facing pages. Because some print-manufacturers need that and currently the only way to get around of this, is to seperate the pages an manually add the bleed where the bund was.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Image Export With Individual Names (JPG/PNG)

I want to export several pages, all in different formats, as JPG or PNG, each with a unique and specific name.

The 'rename multiple files' Tool don't work here, cause each name is completly different.

Currently you have 2 Options:

1. Export each page one-by-one and name the file right.
      (If you have over 20+ Pages, thats not fun)

2. Export all pages in one go and then rename every single file.

Update (Edit): If you gave each page with a new size individual name (for example names of the different master pages) you could use this when export so each file…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow pasting from left page to right page in master- exactly the same location

Every time I make a new document- my masters can be complex but the left and right side of the same master are a pain to make exactly the same.

So either make copy and paste work better in masters or add a feature that allows left and right sides to be lined up the same.
    I want to be able to set all my parts and then set guides on the left side—
    and then copy them ALL- guides, date, page numbers, doc name and other items to EXACTLY paste in the right hand side.
    Right now Paste In…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put color into tabs of documents (while working on several open)

it would be great to use colors in document tabs, when using several open... (one should be able to color the tabs when working on different documents, sometimes its difficult to find the one I needed to paste into. Look the file attached

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow usage of Data Merge within the Slug

We often use internal templates, that utilize the slug area of documents to handle file-specific data. Often we will utilize Data Merge to populate these fields, but we can only do so if our text fields are moved from the slug area, into the document. This of course forces us to move the slug-specific content back into the slug on what can easily be hundreds of documents.

Please expand Data Merge to being useable for document text fields that don't lie directly on the page(s).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show Page Dimensions permanently in Document Window

With more than one tool to change general/individual page sizes, keeping an eye on these numbers is crucial.

Please make page dimensions visible at all time – e.g. in the slug/pasteboard area next to every page or in the Pages thumbnails, at least as some kind of tooltip or popup info. This behavior could be activated with a preferences checkbox. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. next page doesn't work

Hi there,

When inserting Type=>Special Characters=>Marker=>Next page InDesign inserts the CM marker which is the current page. Consequently where I need the next page number to appear it displays the current page number.

Kind regards
    Mike Howell

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The text frame containing the Next Page Number Marker has to just touch the text frame and the correct page number gets picked. No need to link the text frames together. Just the fact that it touches the text frame will make it automatically pick the correct next page number that the text flows to in the document.

Hope that helps.

Adobe InDesign team

15. Provide a resolution option for indesign

When I export an image as a jpeg in InDesign and select anything above 72 dpi, I end up with a larger jpeg. This seems to correlate with the ppi, so my original 1612 x 640 would end up as 2149 x 853 with 96 dpi, 8463 x 3360 with 150 dpi and so on. It is very inconvenient because I need my files to be exactly the same size as when I started, but with a higher resolution than 72ppi. It would be awesome and save me time if you could provide an resolution option for indesign that we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It is essential for non-fiction book authors to have the endnote indices restarted with each chapter (section).

InDesign must allow endnotes to be continuous OR restarted for each chapter. The latter option is not possible at the moment without splitting a book draft into separate chapter files. This is both very time consuming and prone to error. Authors of documents with thousands of citations cannot realistically use the continuous endnote numbering approach.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. reorder bookmarks

Let's say we have a document 40 pages long. The usefulness of all 40 pages vary because of end-user knowledge.
    As such,
    Master users will preferably only read 5 out of those 40 pages.
    Experienced will read 15 pages
    Intermediates 30 pages
    First time users 40 pages.

Now this already is possible with a plug-in, but I fail to understand why Adobe don't see plug-ins as a clear sign that users want / need the functionality.

Ok, what would be great is being able to script a user end button that calls the sort bookmarks function. The PDF would already…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need to be able to REPLACE/ LINK SINGLE IMAGES in MULTIPLE FRAMES at One Time! Crazy this functionality does not exist!

Need to be able to REPLACE/ LINK SINGLE IMAGES in MULTIPLE FRAMES at One Time! Crazy this functionality does not exist!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to replace a master page that is being deleted with a different master page

When working on long documents, especially while using the book feature, it would be helpful to have the option to replace one master with another. So if I want to delete "Master A", a dialog box would say "Remove Master A and replace with: [list of other master pages to choose from]".

Currently if I want to remove a master page and replace it, I have to go through all 900 of my pages and apply the replacement master.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AOL Gold

Aol desktop gold has advanced features of security to protect the account. It stores the data in encrypted form to protect it. It replaces the old version with the latest one by its own. You don't have to do it. To download aol desktop gold, please visit http://desktopgolddownload.net/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base