2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Page Numbering "Don't Include in Page Numbering" Option

I use INDD for proposals that include covers and tabs. Right now, it's pretty cumbersome to get the cover and tabs to not be included in the page count. Currently, you have to restart the number at a specific interval based on where the tabs are at and change your cover and tabs pages to include a Section Prefix as to not duplicate page numbers, so it's a little tedious. So my first three pages are called A1 A2 and A3...then 1 2...then B3 (for tab 1)...then 3 4 5 etc. Can we just have a "check box" under Numbering…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the ability to disable pages

It would be great to be able to disable pages, similar to how you can disable elements in Premiere. A disabled page would keep it's content and place in the document, but would loose its page number and not be able to be edited until it's re-enabled.

This would make it easier to manage pages that need to be removed from an export, but may still want to be re-added later on. It could also help in keeping clear what pages didn't require any more work, or have all their content confirmed.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version.

Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version: I have recently received a new (Windows) computer at work, it has has some issues, and I didn't copy over all of the installed fonts on the previous computer, as I probably did not need many of them anymore. I work for a printing company that does updates and new set ups, so use a lot of fonts from a lot of sources. It is a real time user to find the correct font file for many jobs, given Windows' naming conventions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Endnotes should have the same renumbering options as footnotes

Footnotes can be set to renumber every SECTION. This is OK, but could be improved (see below).
    However, endnotes can only be set to renumber every STORY. This is a most undesirable limitation, because it requires breaking text threads in order to create new stories. This is destructive design—to limit potential problems it is necessary to wait until layout is completed before breaking threads. Even then, problems can still occur.
    This problem could easily be fixed by allowing endnotes to be renumbered the same ways as footnotes can be—every section.
    Of course, renumbering every section also has a significant limitation—it…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apply to Odd or Even Pages Functionality

I would like to see either the "Apply Master to Pages..." or the "Insert Pages..." function offer an "Odd or Even Pages" feature so designers can easily apply a front and back page design to a long document. Or, it could be added to the "Move Pages..." function, but that wouldn't be quite as effective.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Extract/Save Individual Pages in an Indesign Document as a Separate InDesign File

Please please please consider making a feature where you can extract pages/spreads in an InDesign document as a separate InDesign file. I work in Proposals for a Civil Engineering firm and our proposals are generally 100+ pages with a lot of resumes and project pages. After each proposal is complete we have to go in and save every resume in each person's resume folder and every project page in its respective folder. It takes such a long time to create a new indesign document for each resume and project and copy/paste it over and then save in a folder. It…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. High Res Tif's not rendering

High Res Tif's are not rendering when imported into an InDesign document. V15 and v16 rendering engines need to be updated.
    When a High Res Tif is inserted and expanded (zoomed in) it does not render in High performance mode but looks like Fast screen mode.

I have verified this with Adobe InDesign Technical Support that this is not a user setting, but an engineering bug. It is not a resolution issue as the file looks fine when exported to a PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Put back scroll arrows on the scrollbars in InDesign

With the update from InDesign 2020 to InDesign 2021 I noticed that the scroll arrows at the end of the right and bottom scroll bars have disappeared (see Image 1 (ID). In Illustrator 2021 however they are still present (see Image 2 (Ill).
    I can't find any setting in the preferences to toggle them on or off.
    I use these arrows frequently and the omission of these arrows in the new InDesign are very annoying to me.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Updating master page synchronize in a book

Would love to see an option to synchronize master pages to the source file in a book that offers "deleting" master pages we do not want in the selection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. By providing the flexibility to apply language settings to the entire document.

Hi i have an indesign document and just finished working on it. And i realized that language setting on this document is Turkish. I want to change language all texts in this document to english but I cannot do this all at once. I have to select all the texts one by one and manually to change the language setting. How can I change the language setting of all texts in the document to US english at once? Answer: There is no way at the moment :(

I can click on the text box, select the whole text with ctrl…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files

Self explanatory - The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files without having to go to relink then navigate to the file, then to the page you want. A simple forward/back page button next to the link would speed up my workflow immensely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to anchor graphics across spreads

Because with accessibility it is important to anchor graphics, sometimes when the graphic reference is on the previous spread or the next spread, it is necessary to anchor to another spread when the graphic doesn't fit. When you do this, indesign will automatically move the graphic to another page. You should have the ability to anchor something across spreads.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. control blank document options when making new doc

When i go to create a new document, I look at presets but it continually shows me 'legal' etc (american sizes) which I've never used instead of A3, which I use often. I don't understand. WHy can't it either remember or let us organise them?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Numbering Pages

I wish you could make it easy to number pages - as easy as on Word. It is so complicated on InDesign and I have failed to make it work. As a result, I have had to publish books without numbered pages, and that is frustrating for all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Grid Page View

An option to view the pages within a single document in a grid layout, rather than just one continuous column of pages one below the other. It would be a valuable tool for designers that wish to view a lot of their pages at once, rather than having to continuously scroll up & down the many pages of an InDesign document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show colour settings for new documents

Hi there.
    Please add a drop down menu to choose colour intent when making new documents. By default, print presets are CMYK in colour profile and transparency blend space. Web is RGB for both.
    I use Print presets all the time for new documents. But I want those page sizes in RGB colour mode and blend space.
    It would be informative to the user to have the colour settings of any document or template shown and user selectable when they are setting up a new document.
    See attached pic
    CHeers,
    Jeremy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rename “Master Pages” to “Parent Pages”

The quote below is from the 30 Aug 2020 Washington Post. My request is to stop using the word “master” in InDesign and change to “parent/child” or another set of neutral terms.

“After the police killing of George Floyd, overdue conversations about race started happening.... Computer- and photography-related groups discussed doing away with problematic technical terms like “master” and “*****” that have long been used to refer to components that control others.“

EDIT: The asterisks in the WaPo quote were put in place by the forum interface, not by me. IMHO, this confirms my point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. copy paste layers to other pages without combining to one layer

to be able to copy several objects from different layers from one page and paste to another page and maintain their respective layers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. No stupid US Letter size for UK

No stupid US Letter, tabloid & legal sizes in New document presets (for UK version of InDesign), I know we share a language but we don't want that nonsense. Can we have more sizes we use like A2, A1 etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base