When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A preference choice to disable the application of local formatting.

A preference choice to disable the application of local formatting. This setting would have fine tune control (similar to the eye dropper tool) to allow some local formatting, such as kerning.
    This feature would be ideal for templates as well as team based workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Duplicated style sheets should not override the original's keyboard shortcut

When you duplicate a text style that has a shortcut key assigned to it, the duplicated style keeps the shortcut key and the original style loses it (it gets greyed out).

What should happen is that the new style has no shortcut key assigned to it, and the existing one keeps it. I see no reason for the current behaviour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Advanced Paragraph Shading Options

1. The ability to specify a specific measured width for paragraph shading in pica, inches or whatever is the standard unit for the document.

2. The ability to extend shading through continuous paragraphs. (i.e. If two consecutive paragraphs have the same paragraph style (with shading) that there is no gap between the paragraphs. Currently you have to use offset to extend these.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Table of content – Styling improvement

1) Please make the TOC dialogue box scaleable: especially the include paragraph styles box is unmanageable (long names are not visible and after applying settings to a style it scrolls back to the top of the list)
    2) Please include option to strip or override character styles in TOC
    At the moment you need a lot of paragraph styles to set up the TOC, especially when having multicoloured headlines, both in document and TOC
    3) Please give text boxes an option "include in TOC" (helpful when having the same headline on several pages) and the option to enter alternate wording…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dual numbering system for Indesign using page numbering

@Adobe: Current up-to-date InDesign has only one sequential page-numbering function.

By giving it more flexibility in creating Dual numbering system would be useful, rather then manually adding in numbers.

It will be hectic and time consuming creating design flow like example: Creating a calendar document with dual numbering or more per page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GREP: Add character style and paragraph style codes

Add GREP match code in Search/Replace for specific styles with something like:
    (CharacterStyle:[StyleName])

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I wish to replace Minion Pro (which I never have used and never will use) with Arial

You've made Minion Pro your default font. I want to use Arial as my default font.
    You've made 1 point your default line width. I want to use 0 point as my default line width.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DIV STYLE Panel FOR EPUB/HTML

Using hundreds of anchored text boxes (with Object styles) within threads is time-consuming but necessary to provide <div> classes for css.
    It would be MUCH quicker if there was an InDesign Div Styles panel where I could apply a class for css to a section that needs different styling between PDF and ePub/html versions. These sections often contain 5 different Paragraph Styles so I need to add some kind of wrapper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply object style to a group

It would be nice if I could apply an object style to grouped objects. Especially useful when using only the position functions.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add section number (^x) in Paragraph Style / Bullets and Numbering / Number

The ability to add the section number in Paragraph Style / Bullets and Numbering / Number.

Currently, chapter number (^H) works but section number (^x) does not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spacing & increment styles

The inclusion of preset spacing styles (for individual objects) would be very helpful. You could set up a several spacing increment styles and have a one click approach to spacing. this would be very helpful for catalog design work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Synchronize styles across book documents should REMOVE styles as well as updating and adding them.

Synchronize styles across book documents should REMOVE styles as well as updating and adding them. For all styles: object as well as text.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add "Unmap All" to Map Tags to Styles

In the Map Tags to Styles popup panel, please supply a "unmap all tags" button. Sometimes we use the tags to prestyle text, but then apply manual overrides, and want to retain the manual overrides when importing new XML. We currently have to manually remove all mapped styles from the tags before doing that, which can be very tedious when working on large numbers of documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Different corner options?

How about creating a method for users to define new and/or different corner options?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to set Style Override Highlighter as "on" or "off" in preferences

Currently the Style Override Highlighter [+] in the various styles panels functions as a toggle on a per app basis, not as an "on" or "off" preference setting. This means it can't be set on a document by document basis, as enabling it will actually toggle the setting to "off" if a user has the setting switched "on" in their copy of InDesign.

Would greatly appreciate the ability to set this as a normal InDesign preference - ie one that can be set at application/document level, the same as almost every other setting in the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. External Paragraph Styles (to keep all documents in sync easily)

I would like to have external paragraph styles (and other styles too) so that they can apply to multiple documents and keep all documents using them in sync with the same set of styles.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Possibility of defining several alternative Font Styles in one Character Style

Possibility of defining several alternative Font Styles in one Character Style.

E.g. Character Style: Italic
    Font Style: Regular Italic OR RegularItalic OR Italic OR ItalicRegular OR Italic Regular

Currently working with two families of fonts, one of which has italic defined as Italic and the other as Regular Italic, this is impossible. You have to define two character styles and search the whole text.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SVGs / AIs and Graphics as bullet points

It would be nice if paragraphs styles would allow for SVGs and / or Graphics to be used as "custom bulletpoints".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Retained overwrites

While doing heavy make-up of book texts I often need to get in a line or to space out a line. Doing this without having countless paragraph overrides (with the danger that by clicking "clear override" or applying a script everything would be lost) the only possibility so far is to make numerous paragraph copies, e.g., "body", "body+5", "body+10", "body-5" etc.
    A possible solution could be to have the paragraph style definition with some kind of "ranges", maybe "Tracking: 0 - +30" with a default value "0". And the actual value could be selected in a panel. Hopefully someone has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Character style in brush form so I can just set it and highlight parts of text and the brush does the rest.

Character style in brush form so I can just set it and highlight parts of text and the brush does the rest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base