1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

148 results found

1. No way to sync footnote options between documents.

I have a book consisting of several documents. I can sync styles between documents, but not footnote options. Syncing styles does not sync footnote options.

Having to set footnote options for each document that has them is onerous.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow for setting or synchronizing book-wide footnote/endnote options

Right now footnote/endnote options are set on the document level. There should be an option so that the options can either be set on the book level or can be part of the style source sychronization set.

As it is, if I don't create a template that already has my preferred footnote/endnote settings set, I have to individually make those settings for each chapter in a book.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Container Flow

Each year I revise a 500+ page catalog in InDesign. Each product includes text (on 2 different layers) and an image per product. Each product is separated by a horizontal rule. I'd like a way to group all of these components together per product (possibly in a container of some sort) and have them automatically flow from column to column and page to page.

I will remove products throughout the year which results in blank spaces/gaps. If when I remove a product it would automatically reflow, it would shorten my process significantly. I also add products in throughout the year…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow 'Find in Book' to search for text in all documents of an InDesign book

I am writing a book, using the InDesign Book feature.
    My book has 18 chapters, each a different InDesign document.
    I would like to be able to search for all occurrences of text, without having to open each document. I would like the results to be a panel something like Adobe Acrobat's Find in Files panel.

This is useful when I think I've written on a topic in some other chapter, and want to link text in the current chapter to the other chapter.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give an indicator of page's section when creating hyperlink.

When there are multiple page section in the document and each of them has a page number restart again from one, e.g.
    Section 1: Page 1 to Page 10
    Section 2: Page 1 to Page 25...
    and have to create hyperlink, all these page numbers repeat. To find the correct page it is necessary to scroll and check carefully which page with number 3 for example you need to hyperlink (page 3 from Section 1 or page 3 from Section 7...). My proposal is to create short index (maybe the first letters of senction's name) beside the page number in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Cross Reference > Showing Page number near the Paragraph Text proposal

Hi Guys !

Something that could be great in indesign is having the possibility of showing the page number corresponding to the Paragraph Text proposal, when we creat a new Cross reference.

For exemple, here I work with a big catalog of 500 pages, and 500 titles.

I need to creat a cross reference between intermediate TOC and the title,

But when I have MAny times the same title, it becames to be hard to test eache title to get the good page number

for exemple my search right now is :

TITLE OF PRODUCT
    TITLE OF PRODUCT (1)
    TITLE…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add ability to edit all InDesign form fields in a table for faster creation and edits

I can create beautiful forms using InDesign. For example, I create intake documents and questionnaires for law firms. Some of these forms can become dozens of pages long with hundreds of fields. Consider the vast array of information required for an estate plan. For some of these forms, the number of fields becomes literally too many to manage on a one-at-a-time basis.

Imagine if there was an option to edit a table of all the form fields in a document once created. This process could potentially become super-streamlined.

One would still be required to draw in the fields, but once…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. footnote/endnote styles

Ability to define footnote/endnote styles (as opposed to the formatting styles contained within the the footnote/endnote definition) and synchronize these across the book documents. Would save a lot of time in books with many documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. indesign crashes when assembly -->> 5000 links to the assembly destination and not to the original path

indesign crashes when assembly -->> 5000 links to the assembly destination and not to the original path, and 'cause it crashes... no picture files in the assembly path. Need to redo all my links !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To export personalized press books, to have a complete layout and be able to set aside non selected pages without removing them.

To export personalized press books, it would be SO useful to enjoy a complete layout of all our work and just be able to set aside non selected pages without removing them before exporting the tailored document for a specific client. Of course, the pages numbers would have to automatically adjust themselves. Would this be possible? This would avoid saving many different versions after inserting and removing pages constantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Go to Page (book-aware version of command)

The Go to Page command only works within a document. The Go to Page in Book command would open up the requested page in the Book file, regardless of whether the document were open at the time or not.

This is a valuable command because when editing long books with many chapters, it is useful to go directly to a page to make a change. It saves having to take your hand off the keyboard to the mouse, open the possibly closed Book panel, find the file that is in the page range, double-click it to open it, and then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Using Unicode Indic Devnagri Script Font for Automatic Page Numbering & Numbered Lists / Paragraphs,

Hello Team, I am from India, and obviously we have to work majority of the times with Unicode Devnagri Script Fonts, (I prefer to use the Adobe Devnagri Unicode standard fonts )

Then Major problem / issue while using Automatic Page Numbering & Numbered Lists / Paragraphs, is even though we apply the Devanagari script on the Page Number on Master Pages, the auto numbering still shows the ENGLISH Script in the same font, the same goes for the Numbered Lists

And it looks very odd when we have a List Typed in Devnagari script but its numbered in English…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. INDD and Clarivate EndNotes

Is there a way to import a Word document that has citations from Clarivate EndNote into InDesign that also imports the anchored text links? Right now, I have to create anchored hyperlinks for each citation and reference within InDesign. Layout would be much faster if they came in already linked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Split Story

When working on long documents, it's often unwieldy working with a single long text block, and splitting stories involves cutting and pasting, which takes time and creates possibilities for error. Instead, we should be able to split a text thread with a single click and KEEP the text where it was (instead of having the text as excess in the first text block, with blank text boxes thereafter). A StorySplitter script was created that does this, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Such a basic feature should be included in InDesign.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow cross-reference to document not currently open

I am writing a book, in the form on an InDesign Book. It has 18 chapters, each in its own document. Often I want to add a cross-reference link to a paragraph in another document in the book, but the only choices I'm given are to other documents ALREADY open in InDesign. Please let me do that. I do not need to see the other document in order to know that I want to link to it. It clutters up my workspace.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. find and change in book

Currently one has to open all documents to F&C across them. There should be a "Book" option in the F&C panel so the files open/save/close automatically like they do when sync'ing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign index review. Add word highlighting when selecting the entry.

The InDesign index feature is really neat, except when trying to review the entries that are added after using the add all command. This is especially problematic when multiple entries for that word exist on the page. Currently, I have to click "go to selected marker" where it puts my insertion point at the beginning of the marker. These are very difficult to locate, especially when using 4K monitors.

Instead, it would be nice if I could click the marker entry in the index panel and have it magically take me to the page AND highlight the entry so that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Table of content number cross-reference option + Texte Hyperlink

Hi all,

Two option that can really be cool in TOC are :

• an option to creat ''Cross-Reference page number''
    • an option to generate an hyperlink to the destination page for the TOC entry (Text and Page number)

Like that, in bigger documents, with multi table of content (in my catalog project, I have a main TOC with all the section title + 1 TOC by section (with all the products titles and page number too). It could be great to generate those TOC automaticaly, and, have the number that are update automaticaly when we add or delete a page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Liquid text fields for forms

Allow for text fields to expand (liquid) within middle of a sentence/paragraph. And be able to retain copy placeholder for forms when exporting to interactive PDFs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selecionar vários objetos em várias páginas

muitas vezes preciso diminuir o zoom para ter várias páginas na tela (faço isso para poder utilizar estilo de objeto em várias páginas), porém, tenho que selecionar 1 objeto por página para usar o estilo que configurei. Seria muito útil poder selecionar vários objetos em várias páginas para usar o mesmo estilo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base