2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Adobe Fonts Auto Activation/Deactivation

As a printing company, I have a wide variety of customers using a wide variety of fonts including ones that are part of an Adobe CC subscription. When I open an InDesign file that uses Adobe (online) fonts, give us a preference setting to auto-activate those online Adobe fonts AND to deactivate those fonts when the InDesign file is closed. I can't have a bunch of fonts activated all the time as they COULD interfere with an older version of the font causing type reflow!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Saved searches in CC Libraries

It would be great to be able to share searches via CC libraries, for example GREP searches in InDesign are extremely usable but not all users have the knowledge to create them. To be able to share them with your team would be very useful

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Open cloud file indicator

When working at Creative Cloud group it would be useful to know if the document is open to another member of the group. The Up to Date symbol could indicate whether the document is open.

If the documents are open at the same time, there will be a conflict and the things done will not be in the same document.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to be able to use INDD CC 14 on my Windows 8 Computer

I'm a Creative Cloud subscriber and I'm using INDD for some of my clients as a translator. Now I need to use CC 14 but I cannot update to that version because I'm using a computer with Windows 8. Actually I do not need Windows 10. I want to use the latest INDD version on my computer. I hope you allow subscribers like me to use the latest versions soon.
    Kind regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Options dialog for Place from CC Library

Implement a possibility to choose how to import .ai items from Library. Now there is no dialog or options for this at all.
    If your item has transparency Indesign uses import setting from last imported .ai object and provides no way to choose this for the current one. So if you want to change it you have to import no-matter-which .ai from local computer -> set desired transparency background option -> import your item from library.
    This workaround is absolutely not obvious, thanks for Adobe forums it posted there (from year 2016).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drag text to library and create a link

When I dragndrop a text to the library-panel there is is NO link betrween the textframe and the library-item.
    I have to delet the textframe and drag´n´dop it back to the document to create a link.

Is that smart?

I wish I could drag a text to the library and create a link in one step.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe's Collaborate should alert user when someone else is viewing/ editing the file

InDesign Files shared with team members through Adobe's Collaborate features do not alert users when someone else is viewing/ editing a file. Instead, conflicted copies are created.

A team member opening a file someone else is viewing / editing should see an alert to avoid the creation of conflicting copies / improve collaboration.

Without this, our team is unlikely to use Adobe's Collaborate feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Placing Illustrator file from libraries to allow me to select which artboard I want to place

I have a few Illustrator files that have multiple artboards that I use frequently. I want to be able to drag the Illustrator file from the libraries panel and then be able to select which artboard from the Illustrator file I want to place.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring back sync settings

Indesign needs to bring back the Sync Settings feature. Trying to recreate my workspaces and other settings when I get a new computer is such a hassle. Why would Adobe provide a really useful feature like sync settings and then take it away? With all of the resources of Creative Cloud, sync settings should be at the top of the list for Adobe.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Typekit fonts usable offline outside of Cloud app, just check activation sometimes

It's annoying that I have to close the applications (Illustrator, inDesign, Photoshop) since the Typekit fonts aren't available if I open them before the Cloud application is up and running. I get to work and open the programs right away and forget to make sure the Cloud app is already open. Forcing me to close all 3 and reopen all 3, waste of time..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CC library items - update placed instances after editing library item

This applies to elements created within InDesign and then added to CC Libary.
    If I place instances of the library item into an InDesign document, those instances are not updated if I edit the library item.
    In other words it would be helpful if placed library items would update as they do with the old version of InDesign Library.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use links with CC Libraries

I think it would be great to be able to use linked files in CC Libraries. We have a lot of master art on shared drives, and it wouldn't be practical to have it all in the cloud in a Library. For our team, this would be a huge addition... to store a shard-drive link to the file and a thumbnail, instead of uploading the entire asset.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to opt out of Typekit and CC Libraries

Typekit and CC Libraries are annoying and should be optional.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. enable paragraph style groups to be added to CC libraries

Can you create the ability to group paragraph styles in CC libraries as they can in an InDesign file or template.
    The idea is to have various groups of styles that apply to different document types that we create, and be able to share these across users in the company.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Creative Cloud Libraries to InCopy

InCopy users would find CC Libraries very useful in many situations. Why aren't they part of the CC Library party?

They could import selected graphics from a shared CC Lib to the story (as anchored graphics), same as they can Place them now. They could use them to bring in boilerplate text via linked InDesign text. They could use them to add styles to their standalone InCopy docs (eg, the body style for the INDD file the story will be flowed into). I'm sure there are more uses!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better collaboration between InDesign and Lightroom

For creating photo-books, magazines, or any piece of work which includes photographs, much better collaboration between InDesign and Lightroom should be possible. The ability to view Lightroom collections from inside InDesign, drag and drop into ID, and have those pictures refresh themselves automatically (if they are further edited in LR). I know this could be complex from an export perspective, but the LR book plugin (however basic it is) manages it.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. TYPEKIT FONTS - same download / deletion timeframe as the apps themselves! offline usage necessary

WHY? are you tighter and stricter on tiny fonts and more flexible on big apps (i.e. 30 days offline access)?
    HOW? do i use CC apps offline and design text work without FONTS?
    if you can limit access to apps to the end of subscription, and you can limit font access by requiring being online, ergo you can design access to your components anywhere on the timeline between those 2 endpoints. it makes zero sense to be flex on offline app access, then strict and tight on offline typekit font access. cool on the larger and jerks on the smaller?…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import controls for Libraries

Provide an option to control how a Library item imports into InDesign. Since Libraries created from AI are treated as PDF, they place with the Bounding Box (Visible Layers) option if the user hadn't changed the PDF Import options. There is no way to control the import into Photoshop, as Photoshop doesn't remember the last PDF import option, unlike InDesign.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Smaller CC Packages please

Why do I have to include loads of programs I don't need if I upgrade to CC? It's bad enough making us pay this expensive subscription but as a graphic designer I only use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro. Can't you fashion more selective packages? I'm holding out with CS6 but having been coerced by Apple into upgrading to High Sierra it's all looking wobbly. Adobe are the vanguard of the Tyranny Of Upgrade.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base