Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

665 results found

1. Grouped items revert to previous layers when moved then ungrouped

InDesign CC 13.1, Windows 10

When I have a group that contains items from various layers, and I move this to a new layer, when I ungroup those items they revert back to their original layers.

I understand the concept that grouping remembers layers, and I like this feature! It used to bug me that grouping brought everything onto the same layer, sometimes altering the appearance. However this seems like an unintended consequence.

Say I have an item on Layer 1 and an item above it on Layer 2. Grouping these items makes them both "appear" to be on Layer…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    This looks more like a feature modification request.
    I am therefore moving this to the “Feature Request” section.

Please keep adding your use-cases.

-Aman

2. new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'

Please create a new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'. I have just answered for the 3rd time a client's question why "The text is all in pink boxes but the Find Font dialog says there's no missing font, how can this be?!" Typically this happens when Western-language documents are translated to an Asian or Cyrillic language by pasting in the supplied translation. If the designer is doing the pasting themselves, and if they're experienced enough, they can usually figure it out. But if the translation company does it and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

Fix the drastic performance slowdown that happens after you lock complex shapes within InDesign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tabs whose location is set from the right instead of from the left (not just the right-aligned tab!)

Recently setting a series of tables of financial data, I noticed that, if the column width varied, I had to set individual decimal-aligned tabs for each column to ensure that the numbers ended up a similar distance from the right edge of the column. (In other words, so that the numbers in the narrow columns aligned correctly on the decimal without having the numbers in the wide columns appear too far to the left.)

Would it be possible to create a set of tab stops whose positions are calculated from the right-hand edge rather than the left? This would have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. links on shares broken - Mac/Windows

If you link assets from a server-share on an Windows-PC and open the InDesign-file on a Mac, the links are maintained (if you work with links in UNC style: file://server/share/path/to/image.jpg; mapped shares don't work).
    In the other direction (Mac -> Windows) the links are broken. Would be nice if it would work also in this direction.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Free use of units in Move dialog box

In Illustrator, when moving object, you can choose either pt or mm (or others) regardless of your unit settings in Preferences. This is very helpful when working with graphics and text at the same time ... for example I normally work in mm when moving graphics around, but sometimes it is useful to move text for example 2 lines up or down. In Illustrator I can then type '24 pt' in the Move dialog box - but this feature does not exist in InDesign ... I can only move text and objects in mm.
    Would be very helpful to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Curvilinear text tool on several lines

Instead of limitating the use of this tool to one line, you should be able to make a paragraph based on the shape you use the curvilinear tool on.

For instance, if i want to write on the edge of a wheel divided in different parts, so that the text follows the shape of the circle. Let's say that the name of the wheel's part is a three lines title, when i press enter, indesign would create another circle on wich the text would follow the curve. see atached picture

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Curvilinear text tool on several lines

Instead of limitating the use of this tool to one line, you should be able to make a paragraph based on the shape you use the curvilinear tool on.

For instance, if i want to write on the edge of a wheel divided in different parts, so that the text follows the shape of the circle. Let's say that the name of the wheel's part is a three lines title, when i press enter, indesign would create another circle on wich the text would follow the curve. see atached picture

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Vertical tabs (for better vertical justification in/between para spacing)

There are already similar requests for a fix for the Vertical Justification problem & I'm dealing with this at the moment: several paragraphs & needing the bottom-most para (a 2-line inline table) to appear on the bottom line of the text frame. I have spent so many hours & tried setting it in a table (amongst other things) but, really, it makes more work & I need a Paragraph Border at the sides as a column rule - which was great in a table but which doesn't seem to work on the bottom table paragraph. I'd prefer it as non-table…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the possibility to place multi-page ID and PDF files like multiple images with gridify function

When placing a multi-page InDesign or PDF file it should be possible to use the gridify function the same way as when users place multiple images.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign

I recently attended the Adobe Symposium in Sydney, Australia, (as well as Adobe MAX in Las Vegas) and could not escape the phrase "Adobe Sensei" - Adobe's artificial intelligence software.

That said, is there any ability to implement Adobe Sensei technology into InDesign for any of the following purposes:

• Create a new indesign document based on a scan (for example, if I wanted to quickly create an invoice for a customer and all they had was a previously printed sample, I could scan the invoice and Adobe Sensei would do the rest, resulting in an InDesign file with type and…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Paste in Place is the default Paste option

I think that it would be more useful if the default option for the paste command were Paste in Place. It is frustrating to me that when copy pasting objects, particularly from one page to the other, I have to go through an extra step to "paste special" when there is nothing special about it... Same thing with photoshop...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Effects styles similar to Photoshop?

For example, I have a better looking set of values for drop shadows besides the default. However I have to manually enter these in every time, no way to save them as a preset. It would be nice to at least be able to copy the saved style preset from an object to another, similar to the way you can in Photoshop.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Always quit when I typing in Indesign

When I type wordings in Indesign, the software no response and quit then~
    (Just simple words and a few wordings...... and I type in Chinese)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the pop up window file menu, "Object, Transform, Scale", when scaling a warning can be shown that object can't be scaled as they'd fall

In the pop up window file menu, "Object, Transform, Scale", when scaling a warning is shown that objects can't be scaled as they'd fall off the pasteboard. This is mainly due to the wrong point indesign scales from. IE it may be set to top left whereas centrally or mid right may scale no problem. But because the warning pops up you have to cancel what you're doing, select the different point then start the scaling process again.
    Can the squares of the object not be combined with the scale pop up window please?
    Please see attached existing and required…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to bring whole excel like worksheet in indesign

As a graphic design working on a annual report, we require financial figures to correctly align numbers and to dashes to be represented like in excel. Kindly built a feature to bring excel like tables into indesign.

Also, please improve strokes and fills setting in indesign tables. As the tables styles dont work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. remove image from links panel

In the Links Panel, it would be very handy to remove an image that is listed simply by right clicking on it and removing it.

For example, I just manually removed over 500 images from image frames using the direct select tool. Theoretically, I could have selected those 500 images in the Links Panel, and removed them in the right click menu.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. table of content page numbers cross references

Hello Adobe,

It would be great if we could have the page numbers as cross references (for auto-updates) in the table of contents. We often tweak the TOC titles manually for aesthetics and we don't want these changes to be undone when updating the whole TOC as we have to do with the current features. Page numbers frequently change when changes are made in the document.

Thanks!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base