When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set leading as a pecentage of the type's point size.

I wish you could set the Leading as a percentage instead of a point size, so if the point size changes the leading stays in proportion. And this percentage should stay persistent, once I enter a percentage is should stay that percentage and not revert to the point size of what that leading is. I know you can modify the Auto percentage in Preferences, but I want to be able to it on an instance by instance or stylesheet by stylesheet basis. This should be doable any place the leading can be changed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set Solid Leading for Text

Having a Set Solid Leading Option for Text would be amazing as I regularly use this setting and have to manually change the leading everytime I change the point size (and sometimes when you're working out the perfect point size and spacing for a layout, this doubles the work having to change the leading everytime too).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Correction of double spaces between words

Since I mostly write directly in InDesign to get the text in combination with pictures I very often have to adjust that there are two or more spaces between words, which is not flagged in the software. In other writing softwares this is always taken care of but not in InDesign. I discover this problem now and then but not always.
    It would be a good help with such a function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save step and repeat values

Having the ability to save step and repeat values for often repeated operations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Footnote in XML flow

Hi Team,

InDesign not supporting footnote future in XML workflow. In Word workflow it is working fine. But in XML workflow XML structure is remove when insert footnotes. We want to move all footnotes into separate frame and align it in page end. Kindly check the feasibility and add this feature.

Thanks & Regards,
    Senthilvel S

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically Apply Character and/or Paragraph Styles to Text Frame.

It would be helpful to have the text character and/or paragraph style in any given frame change dynamically as the text re-flows.

For example... If I have three columns of type and the middle column is reversed white type in a black frame, then I always want whatever text flows in the black frame to be white, even if it was previously formatted as black. And the white text in the black frame should automatically change back to black if it flows out of the frame.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bulleted lists should allow a nested <P> inside a list.

Bulleted lists should allow a nested <P> inside a list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple baselines

It would be great if a baseline grid could optionally be assigned to a Master page in stead of a whole document.
    I am a book designer of sometime very complicated books, were I have to use multiple font sizes and leading.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Equivalent to Ai's 'Hide Edes' to hide selection higlighting

When choosing a color or a font for text, it's very hard to judge the appearance when the selected text is hilighted/inversed.
    A function like Illustrator's 'Hide Edges' (cmd-H) would be of great help, to invisible select text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove Story panel, make optical alignment a paragraph attribute.

The Story panel has only one option, optical alignment, and it is badly implemented. It applies to an entire story across multiple text frames, columns, and pages, and has one value for point size regardless of the point size of the various styles used throughout the story.

Instead, make optical alignment and hanging punctuation two paragraph attributes. Allow the point size to be left black, forcing InDesign to apply the current size for each paragraph.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don't add an extra page when endnotes are imported

The new endote option is nice (could be better, but hey, it's something). The only thing that bugs me is the fact that a new page is added everytime I place text that contains endnotes, or when I copy/paste that text.

It screws up much of my design, and I have to manually delete the page and put everything back in it's right place.

Would be great if the endnote frame would just be placed on the same page as the end of the text flow!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Character window typeface drop down menu extend fully within workspace

In InDesign CC 2018 when I selected a typeface from the character window drop-down menu, the drop-down expanded to fill my workspace vertically no matter where my character palette was on the screen. Now in CC 2019 it only expands to show 19 or 20 fonts in a much smaller drop-down window. I would love either to go back to the way it was before or have the option to enlarge the drop-down typeface selection window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Jesus! I pay a frickin' fortune for this software, but I can only have support for Arabic if I have an African release of InDesign.

Just put in the frickin support for right to left text already. FFS you should hang your heads in shame Adobe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back the Paragraph Direction button/option that was removed in v14.0.1.

Bring back the Paragraph Direction button/option that was removed in v14.0.1.

I am using Middle East InDesign, with English/Arabic language app option.

I have been informed by Adobe Support that v14.0.1 has removed Paragraph Direction all together. Since I have to work with Arabic frequently, this is VERY disruptive since Arabic is written right to left. It seems that even Change Text Direction has even been removed from the Character window options, so I can't find any possible workaround.

I don't understand how any users that need Right to Left written languages will even be able to use your updated…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Numbered paragraphs don't increment in footnotes

Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
    Mac OS 10.13.6

Steps to reproduce the issues
    1. Apply automatic numbering to a paragraph style
    2. Apply that style to footnotes

Expected result
    Each footnote will be properly numbered, starting at 1.

Actual result
    All footnotes are numbered 1.

In the attached screenshot you can see the third footnote. The indicator is the correct number but the footnote is numbered 1, even though it is the third footnote. Footnote 2 is also numbered 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Split one text box into multiple text boxes

Split one text box into multiple text boxes at the click of a button. I have a list of text from Excel that I've formatted, but I now need to distribute every word individually around the page. A 20 minute job could be turned into a 1 minute job.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Text Macros like in InCopy

I create a lot of documents that have textual elements that are repetitive, like resumes that include a project description. When using MS Word, I use the Quick Parts functionality to capture that text and insert it whenever I need it.

My company is just beginning to explore the InDesign/InCopy workflow, and I saw that InCopy has a feature much like Quick Parts, called Text Macros. I could really use this if it was implemented in InDesign as well. I have used Autocorrect for similar functionality, but I have never tried it with more than a few words at a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. grep queries on server

being able to store queries on the server, so that the whole team has the same queries (esp. greps). Maybe 2 options, a userbased and a "application" based solution, just like the scripts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export all the text to word

Would it be possible to add a function to export all the text of all blocks, chained or not, from a document in one go to word.
    I make directories and my clients always want to recover the text once the published directory to make their changes for the next issue.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create linked text boxes and assign different colors for text in each text box.

Hello,
    I would like to be able to create linked text boxes and assign different colors for text in each text box. The linked text boxes can have different background colors. You can create it manually by selecting text and changing its color, but what if an editor removes or adds a paragraph? If in box A background was white and text was black, and in box B background was black and text white, then if a paragraph in box A was removed, text from box B (white) will move to box A and will become invisible in box A…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base