1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

711 results found

1. Multilanguage Bullets in English Version for languages that do not have a native In Design Application

Please make an option for the bullets that are alphabetic to be able to change them in another language. I.E. a,b,c,d, to be able to change into let's say Greek α,β,γ,δ.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Text perfectly aligned with text frame

If the white space on the left/right hand side of a character (image attached) can be ignored, the option of snapping the text frame with objects, guides/grids, could be possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update the dictionary in all languages

Hi! Make updates to the the dictionaries part of the updates that come down from creative cloud. Or make it easier for a user to update their own dictionary. Words like coronavirus should be included, these are easily spell checked with Google but not in InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In World-ready Composer mode, Using kinsoku settings as in CJK composer

In Korea (or Japan or China), We use CJK composer with kinsoku.
    But sometimes we have to use World-ready Composer when we insert a right-to-left word (such as Hebrew word) in paragraph.
    Then we have no choice but to abandon kinsoku.

So I and many Korean designers want to use kinsoku in World-ready Composer (or in CJK composer, to use right-to-left script function in Hebrew, Aribic, etc., as in World-ready Composer).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make "split column" widths flexible

I use split-and-span columns frequently in my work. Often, with lists of names, I'll have that one name in a column that is just too long and wants to wrap. If I could adjust the column width after using the split-columns, that would be very helpful. As it is, I either have to decrease the type size or increase the right side margin, which messes with the body text width. I don't want to create a separate text frame as this is too common an occurrence in my work, and I'd have to be dragging and anchoring all over the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Font Menu Management

Need a way for end-users to control which fonts appear in the font menu. We don't need, or want, all the Mac OS system fonts to appear in our InDesign font menu, but there is currently no way to remove them from the list. While we can sort by Favorites, this would mean we'd need to go through and mark all our corporate fonts as Favorites in order to only display them. With Apple no longer allowing removal of System fonts, application font menus are getting totally out of control. Allowing control of what is displayed from within the application…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sorting alphabetically (A-Z) and all other languages

This is very important feature for any application deal with text and books.
    i think i don't need to mention that other applications like Ms word have that option.

it is really important that InDesign should have sorting option for paragraphs/text and tables.

it is disappointed that in that time still sorting options is not exist in InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restart footnote numbering flexibility

Currently, regardless of whether the "Restart Numbering Every: ...." checkbox does nothing to force footnotes to continue across multiple, unthreaded frames. I would have thought that if you didn't tell it to restart, it would not and would continue to increment each time if found a footnote - but that is not the case. We have various footnote scenarios based on our different clients:

For some, they want the footnotes numbered consecutively throughout their report. Others want it restarted with every major section. But these reports are complicated - hundreds of pages - and it is very inconvenient to thread…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Link font size value between paragraph style

Add the feature to set the font size (and other value) as percentage, based on a "root" style. For example: create a "root" paragraph style with the size font set to 10 pt. Create a new paragraph style "first" based on "root" style and set the font size value to 110%. (=11pt). If the the font size of "root" style change, automatically change the font dimensioni in "first" style proportionally. Like the in the CSS language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable support for authoring with Type 1 fonts

I would like to request a solution to the problem with disable support for authoring with Type 1 fonts in January 2023 - https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html
    Our problem is that the company has thousands of indd documents that will reflect the change. All documents use the two complete font families and a few other fonts, but unfortunately even uploading new paragraph and text styles does not solve the persistent problem with some missing fonts.
    What would we need?A tool to preset that, for example, the missing font Frutiger CE 65 Bold will always and in every document be automatically replaced by Frutiger…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change colour of text dependent on immediate background colour

Some of my jobs involve text being placed on a background image or company logo. Often,, this background has wildly contrasting colours/shades and the text immediately in front of it becomes invisible. I then change the colour of that text from, say, black to white, to render it visible again.

Unfortunately, if there are then any amendments to the text, the white text now lies over a light background and becomes invisible. Currently, I just go over the text with a beady eye and make the amendments accordingly.

Is it, would it, be possible for there to be a script,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to strip out overloaded Mac system fonts like NOTO in font menu

Later Mac OS's install 100's of fonts that cannot be removed. They clog up the Font menus badly. It makes font selection a nightmare. Noto is but one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show/Hide global baseline and textframe baseline individually

It would be nice to be able to show/hide the global baseline and textframe baseline individually. At the moment they are turned on and off together which can be pretty hard to navigate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to draw a text frame on top of another text frame

Making a new text frame on top of an existing text frame is something I very frequently need to do. However, as it is, for different reasons this simple process is needlessly cumbersome.

I have two suggested solutions (I have a dream that both could be implemented, and make a basic upgrade to my workflow):

1. Make the type tool able to draw a text frame on top of another text frame. Explanation: When hovering the type tool above an empty area, the tool turns into a text frame tool, as indicated by the cursor. However, when hovering above an existing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. XML structures and footnotes/endnotes

This is a point which was subject of lot of discussion since years in several forums. Even this uservoice mentions it (partly) sometime but obviously it hasn't been considered at all.
    In InDesign, a footnote can't contain xml structures.
    In InDesign, it is not possible to map an xml element to the footnote object.
    This is really weird, since:
    a) mapping XML element to an InDesign object is something exiting already for tables thanks to attribute aid:table. So why not having set an attribute aid:note, with values "footnote" and "endnote" and implementing this?
    b) footnotes and endnotes can contain by…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  amaarora responded

Thanks for reporting the issue.
    We will review it shortly.

-InDesign Team

16. Create Citations and Bibliography automatically

When is @InDesign going to release the feature to create bibliography, citations, and references as in @Microsoft365 (#Word)? We use this software to write scientific papers/books but it looses when it comes to cite and give references to the paper used in our work. Help us! We have to do it the hard way, what wastes a lot of time and we can get lost easily.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adjust Leading Between Bullet Points

It is super time consuming to adjust the leading between bullet points every time manually. If we could set it in the paragraph style that would be so much faster. Went mad researching online but apparently there is no way to resolve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dynamic Spelling Additions

Please provide option that highlights assumed words/names versus words that are clearly spelled incorrectly. Please have them appear differently. A highlight for one and a underline for the other.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add track changes also to foot notes

If you use track changes its a problem that texts in foot notes aren't tracked.
    Some type of documents (like financial documents) need trail of changes. Its even a legal request in some cases. So if you depend on the track changes function its a big problem that foot notes aren't tracked. Used to be the same with tables long time ago but that one is now tracked since many versions back...

Seems like other also asked about this.
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/incopy/feature-request-track-changes-in-footnotes-incopy-indesign/td-p/10075549?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/track-change-not-working-in-footnotes-bug/td-p/9389029?page=1

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve hanging punctuation settings

Hanging punctuation can improve the typesetting. But sometimes it creates undesired effects. For instance hanging bullets look terrible. On the contrary, some characters are missing (see https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/37832143-add-hanging-punctuation-for-chevrons)

Please add the option to modify the list of hanging characters and let users define their own value of this effect.

Affinity Publisher is a good example (see attached screenshot): users can define hanging punctuation value in % for any glyph, even for letters, this is very useful for headlines.

And please make the setting part of the Paragraph Style as recommended here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/37880509-remove-story-panel-make-optical-alignment-a-parag – the Story panel does not make sense.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base