1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Span Columns: Let us enter "1"

Currently, when we go to Span Columns and type "1" we get an error.

It would be so great to be able to type "1" and have InDesign realize that we are wanting to, in effect, switch the paragraph layout from Span Columns to Single Columns.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn on/off show spell check in PREVIEW or other screen modes. Not just NORMAL

When switching between NORMAL screen Mode to PREVIEW mode I still want any spelling errors to show. This would be great in any screen mode with some kind of a toggle button. In fact, the ability to show various hidden paragraph and character formatting would be brilliant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide better keyboard support in Story view.

Provide better keyboard support in Story view. Currently PageUp and PageDn and other scrolling keys don't work, and I am forced to use the mouse for long-distance scrolling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In-paragraph autonumerated lists

Quite often we have to create numbered lists, each element of which is a separate paragraph with a number or letter in front of it. But sometimes we need to build a long list that will be contained in one paragraph (enumeration), (for example, a) ...; b) ...; ... n) ... or 1) ...; 2) ...; ... 999). ). When such a list is being edited (its parts are added or deleted), such indexes also need to be edited manually, which takes a lot of time.

My idea is to add a new marker type (such as a page number…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a conditional text checkbox in eyedropper settings

As in topic. It would be much easier to allow condition to be applied with eyedropper tool

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. TABS dialog box - so very tiny...

Am I the only person who finds the Tabs dialog box ridiculously small and difficult to work with? Even if you zoom right into text, the box itself remains the same. In trying to move the indent markers I'm constantly creating unwanted new tab markers which can be easily deleted, but still annoying. Any words of wisdom?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hyphenate : make exceptions

1 How if we could select/input characters which do NOT count as characters to be hyphenated ? My customers wants his product names & codes (which contain hyphens) NOT to be hyphenated. So in the paragraph hyphen options there would be a box to input "/" or combos like "Li-Ion".

2 Would save enormously on manual copy checks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dictionaries

Please, simplify already the installation of dictionaries based on Hunspell! It's not that complicated ...! but it is so useful!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a vertical type tool.

I'm a sign designer. I use AI and ID in tandem to output mass amounts of signs with variable copy (using data merge feature); such as unit IDs, where the numerals change. Sometimes the design of these include vertical type.

Not having a vertical type tool is crippling to my workflow, as I have to fumble my way through the type on a path option (which often doesn't space consistently, or do it manually.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please support colored fonts

Please support colored fonts as mentioned here: https://www.colorfonts.wtf/
    Especially when making tables with symbols it would speed up work a lot.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create Terminology-list

Implement a function to handle a Terminology-List.

Of course - there are several Tools and PlugIns available to manage Terminology. In most cases these Products are not necessary and too big. And the all have two things in common: Price and Handling.

So the easiest way would be if we could have the possibility to manage on flattest way a terminology list (outside the document) by ourselve. In the first step it would be enough to have allowed terms and the banned terms in the list. Via the existing control board it should be possible to markup banned terms and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Glossary

Microsoft Word had a really neat Glossary entry feature which allowed you to store your most commonly used words/phrases, and call them up with a key command. I have dumped Word in favor of using InDesign for all my word processing, since I can have style sheets and do everything else I want inside this wonderful program…except glossary feature. I don't know if that would add too much clutter to InDesign, which I wouldn't like, but if it could be added on, wow, would that be a powerful feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Font stack for missing glyphs

Not every base text font has all the glyphs I sometimes need -- some need only a few math or Greek symbols, others need Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, or even Devanagari. Currently I manually hunt and pick them from the closest alternative, selecting glyphs from a font CLOSE ENOUGH right down to the ever-reliable fallbacks of Times New Roman and Arial Unicode MS. It would help if I could define a custom font stack per "base font": a list of alternatives in a Preferred Order, which would each in turn be scanned for missing glyphs. Kind of (well, exactly like)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Mini-glyph panel and OpenType adornment in World Ready composer.

Add Mini-glyph panel and OpenType adornment in World Ready composer. There is no raison that we can't use this features on Hebrew or Arabic. For me (and others) OpenType features in Hebrew fobts (glyphs alternates, Justification Alternates, stylic sets, etc...) And for me (and other) are much more needed in Hebrew that in Latin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. License official German dictionary (Duden) for InDesign

I would like to see the official German dictionary integrated into InDesign. There's a full blown and powerful spellcheck solution already available, you just need to license it. http://www.epc.de/unsere-loesungen/duden-korrektor-fuer-adobe-indesign-und-incopy

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. option to start paragraph rule at end of text

Give an option to start a paragraph rule at end of text, possibly with a specified amount of white space between the end of text and the beginning of the rule.

Attached are an example of what I'm wanting, and two shots of the paragraph rule settings I'm currently using to try and accomplish.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More control with paragraph shading

I would like more control over the space insets in the paragraph shading options. When a long paragraph of text flow on to the next page there is no way to control the spacing above (padding) when we're in the middle of the paragraph and "clip to frame" is checked. It is possible to get away with it if the distance from the top-margin and the first baseline is sufficient, but most of the time I want more space. I think it would be better if the text was forced down to the second baseline if necessary. The end goal…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spellcheck only "real" copy.

Add an option in "Check Spelling" to tell it to "ignore automatically generated placeholder text". So that Spellcheck would flag only real copy. I often use both in my documents and it's hard to check a 40-pg document when it keeps stopping at several paragraphs of placeholder text.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recent Fonts List Modification

Currently, if you have Number of Recent Fonts to Display set to anything but zero (0), recent fonts appear at the font drop down list, but the drop down starts at the top of the fonts list no matter what your current font is.

If I am just wanting the next or previous font in the list from the font I am currently using, I now have to scroll all the way down to that font. When the Number of Recent Fonts to Display is set to zero (0), when the drop down is selected, it is positioned at the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base