1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Clear All Alerts" button option to Background Tasks utility

Sometimes I need to export files at a different setting to my ICC profiles setting and I have to clear the alerts after I have exported. It's very frustrating when I am exporting multiple times that I then have to select each individual file before deleting. Can we not have a "Clear All" option for multiple alerts, please? It would save lots of time when deleting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Watermark-option when pdf-export (interactive) from InDesign

When you export a pdf-file from InDesign (as an interactive pdf), there should be an option for watermarks.
    With this option you could save time because you don’t have to use Acrobat afterwards or create a new layer in InDesign.

In Acrobat this option is already available, but with more opportunities (you don't need so many). It would be enough to have the following possibilities:
    - „text of your choice“
    - text scale
    - text opacity
    - text angle (0°, 45°, 90°)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Change label for "Use Document Bleed Settings" to "Use Active Document's Bleed Settings"

When exporting a book under Export Adobe PDF > Marks and Bleeds > Bleed and Slugs, it would be helpful (for other users to avoid the frustration of learning the hard way as I just did) to know that this setting uses the active document's settings rather than each document's respective settings (Guessing this is a limitation with how PDF is constructed, otherwise is this perhaps actually a bug?), or if no document is active that it will apply all zeros.

The latter was the problem I encountered and was not expecting, as every document in my book has the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AUTOMATIC EXPORT INDISGN CC PERPAGE BASED ON CONTENT OR FILE ALREADY

AUTOMATIC EXPORT INDISGN CC PERPAGE BASED ON CONTENT OR FILE ALREADY

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. View tab> Select View Side by Side> Synchronous Scrolling

Please add Synchronous Scrolling to Acrobat. We use PDFs to proof our InDesign documents. The Compare docs in Acrobat doesn't work because it eventually stop syncing and the pages are not side by side.

View tab> Select View Side by Side> Synchronous Scrolling

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need Update of Indesign cc2020 with Page Curl transition option

Indesign cc2020 Page Curl transition is not available because of the removal of Flash. I need the option to create and show off ebooks for our online customers' convenient. But Indesign cc2020 does not have this page transition option. Can we have the Page curl option in the next updates for Adobe Indesign cc2020? Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. preflight errors alert in export

When exporting to pdf, if there are missing fonts, links and/or overset text (probably some other options), we will have a prompt saying that we have those kind of errors and InDesign will allow us to fix the errors before creating the pdf.

In the other hand, if we have missing glyphs for example, InDesign will create the pdf without any warnings.

You can see the errors in the preflight panel but I think it can be easily overseen and this extra security step would help to fix these errors if needed.

I think Indesign should show this prompt every…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When creating/editing a PDF Export Preset, please make the "View pdf after export" available again. It is currently gray'ed out.

It is currently gray'ed out during preset creation, but had been available for MANY previous versions. I hate it that my PDFs no longer open automatically in Acrobat after creation. I found it VERY useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PDF preset that includes a stored password

When making PDFs, I'd like a way to make a preset that includes a stored password. When you have to make many PDFs with security, it's very time consuming to enter the same info over and over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Interactive calendar

would it be possible to add into the pdf interactive Button and Forms also an object like caledar? This fature is available in MS office documents and it will be very appriciated when created any kind of forms where date needed. Enclosed an screenprint from MS Word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add New Tags for accessibility PDF creation

there are few default tags only available for export accessibility PDF, if we need to add "quote" tag there is no options please include.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the time it takes to import to PDF in InDesign 2020

It takes up to 10 (ten) times as long to export to PDF in InDesign 2020 compared to InDesign 2019. These are files linked to graphics, not just text files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assemble book for printing

I use French InDesign 2020 in Windows 10 environment, mainly for book editing.
    There is an annoying bug when I assemble the book for printing. InDesign asks for a location to assemble the different files, incorporate the fonts, images, etc. It proposes as folder name "Dossier Book name" (Dossier meaning Folder in French). It is not possible to save in an existing folder (created for instance by a former assembly), the programme asking for a non-existing folder. Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete the pre-existing folder, because Windows considers that this folder is being opened in the programme EVEN…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Checkbox (general) option: Always use Indesign filename when exporting

Please add a tickbox in Indesign's general preferences (file handeling?) or as a option when exporting to PDF to "Always use current indesign filename". Our PDF exports always need to be identical to the Indesign file name since we handle specific coded. As of now it sometimes uses a random name for the PDF from an previous version or even from a totally different document I worked with the day before. We have accidentally overwritten PDF files from older documents because of this, causing a lot of confusion and backtracking on what went wrong.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Search Function in the Button and Forms Action

In the Button and Forms Action add Search Function for pdf. This would be very helpful for multi page interactive pdfs, eliminating the manual addition of a search button, which gets overwritten after every new export out of InDesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export PDF by master page

Please give us the option to export an InDesign file by master page. We often have documents divided into subsections based on master page. For example we recently output certificates where each department was one InDesign file and each subdepartment its own master page. The client wanted proofs only by subdepartment. The option to output only master page "x" with its corresponding name, would be time-saving.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. export vectorized multi layered pdf option from indesign and other CC app

Actually you can export vectorized pdf in pdf 4 version using transparent infos to help the automatic vectorization but, you cant have it with separate layers.

Some pro printers dont want editable texts on pdf we send to them, but there is no simple way to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we have the “save as filename” checkbox for exporting PDF back please (it was a very useful tool for about 1 year - now it’s gone)

Can we have the “save as filename” checkbox for exporting PDF back please (it was a very useful tool for about 1 year - now it’s gone)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Background Tasks button for progress bar while saving

To duplicate. Export large document to Print PDF, attempt to save while exporting, but background task prevents saving, ok, but only available option is cancel.
    Change would be to add another button to the dialog box to bring up the Background Task progress bar.
    Or an OK button to just return to unsaved document, but panel could then be opened to follow progress.
    Or leave dialog open and allow access to the small animated progress indicator in the top bar to open full background task panel.
    Or allow access to the panel/tab from the sidebar.

thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base